Unanswered: Help with Updating an Excel chart OLE inside VB form

Hi there. I am working on a VB program that incorporates data aquisition from several lab instruments. I have created a Excel chart ole inside the form, and my intention is to graph the data on a scatter graph as soon as it is aquited from the equipment. I have no trouble setting the graph up with the proper parameters (graph type, size, etc) and I am also able to do some work with the worksheet (calculating averages, setting up which columns to display on graph)- this is all done in object view.

When I get the data from the instruments, I insert it into a string called msg, for lack of creativity. The string also incorporates tabs and new linesvbTabb and vbNewLine) for formatting purposes. My problem occurs when I try to update the excel worksheet with the new string. I use OLE1.DataText = msg for this, followed by a .Update to update the graph. I keep gettign an "Invalid property value error" when I run it, and it always refers to the OLE1.DataText = msg line (commenting it out prevents any error, but it still doesn't do what I want it to).
    Is this the best way to add new data, or is there something else that can do the job?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Ozu
    Last edited by ozu; 03-03-04 at 19:54.

Hi, Do you know what is the solution for mantioned problem ?

good.. thanks