Unanswered: How to attack the problem of all sqls are slower after upgrade software stack

We have recently upgraded software stack and all sqls are slower: total execution time as well as average sql time. Where should I start to find out where the problem lies?

Monitoring

Hi,

First do a runstats for all your tables. That is a must. Then go ahead and do a reorgchk for all tables and see if the tables need to be reorged.

Then go ahead and enable snapshot monitors and depending on the snapshot's determine where the system needs more resources. You can use the db2 configuration advisor as a base for the settings and then go ahead and customize them based on the snapshot reports.

Please specify your db2 version and os version with every post.

HTH

Nitin.
    HTH

Nitin

Ask the experienced rather than the learned

Re: How to attack the problem of all sqls are slower after upgrade software stack

Originally posted by db2dev
    We have recently upgraded software stack and all sqls are slower: total execution time as well as average sql time. Where should I start to find out where the problem lies?

Runstats and than Reorg ???

Reorg/Runstats/Rebind of packages. Than it will work well again.

Re: How to attack the problem of all sqls are slower after upgrade software stack

Everytime you change the code or some hardware, make sure to rebind the packages.

dollar

Originally posted by db2dev

Bind ! Rebind can be fatal.

http://www.db2mag.com/showArticle.jh...cleID=15300107 for more information!

beste regards