Unanswered: MS Access Data on my website

My website host does not use a Windows Server, so I cannot use ASP. Someone told me that I should use CGI to interface with my database.

Does this sound accurate? Any input and/or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

My friendly suggestion is that MS-Access is not a very good platform for a website's database. In my experience the entire concept of it simply doesn't scale-up too well as the number of site visitors increase.

There are many, many ways to handle databases and so-forth for your existing website host .. and for that matter, there are many website hosts! (But to be fair, your existing host might have more rabbits they can pull out of their hats than the particular rabbits you're using right now. Ask them.)

Looking at the big picture always, choose the strategy that will accomplish the end result with the least effort. Thousands of companies around the world have crossed this bridge ahead of you. Don't build any new bridges here.
    ChimneySweep(R): fast, automatic
    table repair at a click of the
    mouse! http://www.sundialservices.com

Solution for this ....

.... should be ODBC / PHP.

You just have to put your MS Access database to ODBC list, and then you can access it thru PHP. PHP has really nice possibilities for almost any existing databases.

But - as everybody knows - MS Access is not a slolution for the web. I strongly suggest MySQL and PHP.

If great price is what you're after you may want to look into www.best-machine.com where currently for $4.50/mo total you can set up 5 domains (i.e. separate Web sites).

And here is something I put together about ASP that hopefully might help somehow.

Web Database Concept
    http://www.bullschmidt.com/concept.asp
    J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance Web and Database Developer
    www.Bullschmidt.com
    Access Database Sample, Web Database Sample, ASP Design Tips