Thread: Informix XPS

Unanswered: Informix XPS

Hi,
    I've being working in Informix (SE 7++) for more than 3 year but can anyone tell me whata is the major technical different between Informix 7.++ with Informix XPS? Pls. let me know. Thanks

XPS is the paralel engine from Informx, in other words it is a cluster of several 7 engines which are combined and form one big virtual engine.

It also has a lot of extra features to do more analytical SQL (in OLTP like environments). Some features are:
    - Ploader (which is nicer and faster as the HPL from IDS)
    - Bitmap/Genral key indexes
    - Other implementation of raw tables

This are just some features, there are lots. But be aware XPS is not a multidimensional databaseserver and does not have OR features like IDS 9.

Hope this helps,

Rob Prop

Re: Informix XPS

Originally posted by sengchoon
    Hi,
    I've being working in Informix (SE 7++) for more than 3 year but can anyone tell me whata is the major technical different between Informix 7.++ with Informix XPS? Pls. let me know. Thanks
    One important difference is that SE is pretty simple to set up and administer, XPS certainly somewhat more difficult in implementation and administration. XPS is a 'share nothing' MPP architecture, and is billed as the fastest scanning engine around, if you have your data, disk, and servers correctly configured.

Regards,