var sidebar_align = 'right';
var content_container_margin = parseInt('290px');
var sidebar_width = parseInt('270px');
Unanswered: DTS permission
I created a DTS package to extract data to a text file.
I want to create a login for a user who should be able ONLY to run this DTS. I don't want to give him/her any access to any database .
Is that possible?
Thanks in advance
Without permission on database user cannot complete the execution of DTS package.
I find out a workaround:
1) I created a user that has permission only on the sample DB Northwind.
2) The DTS package is protected by "DTS Owner password" and DTS User password
3) The "Connection" in the DTS package has inside a username and password that has acess to the appropriate DB.
With this workaround I obtained that:
1) The user has access only to the Northwind DB
2) The user can run only the DTS package (because is protected with DTS User password).
Thanks anyway to everyone who replied to me!
Then my reply was intended to light when you said no permission to any database.