Unanswered: Calculating total query

Hi i am trying to do a query where i can calcualte 20 item (quantity * unit price) and then calculate the total of the anwser.

Is there anyway that anyone know how to do this as i have tried and not been succesful

I am trying to do a report which calculates 3 different tables. However on the report i dont want any data except the final sum of the values i am trying to count.

Does anyone have any ideas would be very greatful

thank you
    Kabir Hussein

http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/precious/index.html

Re: Calculating total query

Originally posted by kabir_hussein
    Hi i am trying to do a query where i can calcualte 20 item (quantity * unit price) and then calculate the total of the anwser.

Is there anyway that anyone know how to do this as i have tried and not been succesful

I am trying to do a report which calculates 3 different tables. However on the report i dont want any data except the final sum of the values i am trying to count.

Does anyone have any ideas would be very greatful

thank you
    Put a textbox in the report footer and set the ControlSource to something like:

=Sum([Quantity] * [Price])

And then either hide or remove the other sections ...

Hi i tried doing this but it resulted in having a couple of blank pages and then showing the sums

Do you know if there is any way i can show the sum of three different tables in one report. these tables are not linked in any way

many thanks
    Kabir Hussein

Hi i tried doing this but it resulted in having a couple of blank pages and then showing the sums

Do you know if there is any way i can show the sum of three different tables in one report. these tables are not linked in any way

many thanks
    Yes ..... How is this to organized? How are you accessing the records? By a query in the RecordSource?

Hi

Just wanted to say you were right regarding the report problem-sorry i was talking bout using the report header.

Do you know if you can help me regarding my second problem about doing a report which includes four tables all of which are not related.

Many many thanks

i have attached a screenshot of the table i am trying to calculates

regards
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screenshot.jpg  
    Kabir Hussein

Yes.

SELECT SUM(Table1.FieldName)+SUM(Table2.FieldName)+SUM(Ta ble3.FieldName)+SUM(Table4.FieldName) AS TotalSum FROM Table1, Table2, Table3, Table4;

Hi

thank you for your reply - i think i explained my last reply wrong. what i meant was calculate the total of the four tables but show the total not add all of them togeather. If you know what i mean

In a report i need to show the total of the first table, the total of second table, the total of third table and the total of the final fourth table.

I was told by someone that i should do four different queries then join them togeather, I have been trying that but when i join them i seem to get over a 1000 records shown on screen. This is wrong. what could be wrong?

Thank you for help so far
    Kabir Hussein

Hi

thank you for your reply - i think i explained my last reply wrong. what i meant was calculate the total of the four tables but show the total not add all of them togeather. If you know what i mean

In a report i need to show the total of the first table, the total of second table, the total of third table and the total of the final fourth table.

I was told by someone that i should do four different queries then join them togeather, I have been trying that but when i join them i seem to get over a 1000 records shown on screen. This is wrong. what could be wrong?

Thank you for help so far
    Um ... Take out the PLUS signs ... So:

SELECT SUM(Table1.FieldName) AS Sum1, SUM(Table2.FieldName) AS Sum2, SUM(Table3.FieldName) AS Sum3, SUM(Table4.FieldName) AS Sum4 FROM Table1, Table2, Table3, Table4;

Hi

thanks for the reply however running the query makes the database crash.

I have attached another screen shot to show exactly what i mean

Once again many many thanks for all your help, really apreciate it

I am trying to do a query where all i do is type is the project name and as it is linked to all the other tables one way or another. It shows the final sum of the project title typed in.

Hope this helps
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screenshot1.jpg  
    Kabir Hussein