problem with the access icons

Suppose if a PC has both the Access 97 and Access 2000 version on it.

If an Access database is built on Access 2000, On some PCs when we view it in windows explorer, the database icon is showing as the yellow key icon (like an Access 97 database icon), while in some other PCs, the icon is showing as the burgundy/red key icon (like an Access 2000 database icon).
    Similarly if a database is built on Access 97, the database icon shows as the burgundy/red color key icon(like a access 2000 database), instead of the yellow key color icon (used for access 97 database).

Any idea why it is like that, or how we can change it, to show the correct colored icons based on the database versions.

Thanks in advance.

we have this problem as well.

as far as i can tell, windows will show all .mdbs as whichever version of access it used last, so if you used 97 last, all .mdbs will be a yellow key, 2000 last, purple key.

i haven't worked out a way round it either, sorry.

microsoft access yellow key and red key issues

Hi, I'm having a technical issue with access database. this files called remise.mbd with red key icon (for ms access). As for my colegue, he had the same file but with a different icon which is the yellow key icon. The thing is mine works just fine and he doesn't any idea ?