Unanswered: DLookup problems

Hi

Am a complete newbie, so apologies if the answer to this is v obvious!

In the attached database I have a form called frmAmendIncomplete. Basically, after EC0No is entered, I need this to pull up any records in the table EC0 List that are incomplete (EC0Completed is not ticked), in order that the box can be ticked and the record can be saved as complete. At the moment, it is pulling up a record, but it's always the same one despite the EC0No that I type.

Also I will eventually (once it works) need to save the record to 'overwrite' the exisiting one in the table. Once it works, will it do this by itself, or will I have to make it do that?

Thanks for any help you can give!

B
    Attached Files Attached Files

Your form is set to data entry Yes, so you cannot browse. You need to turn that off.

Plus, you need to have a Field where you can type in a code and the form will filter to that code or search and set the bookmark to that code. There are several examples on this forum about setting bookmarks.

So in order to be able to change EC0 Completed from No to Yes, would I have to have a subform set to Data Entry? I tried the main form when it had allow deletions, additions and edits, and the tick box refused to change. Ideally I would also want to be able to edit the CMID field...am I asking too much?!

Will have a browse for the bookmarks - thanks for your help

B

All forms have a property called Data Entry. It is the 14th property from the top of the All tab on my screen when the form is in Design View. On your form, it is set to Yes. Switch it to No. You will then be able to browse the records and change what you like.

If there is a field that you do not wish to be changed, change the locked property to Yes.

OK that works, I can change the tick boxes now where for some reason before it wouldn't. Is there no way I can have the user input the desired EC0No (eventually there will be a lot of Incomplete records, and scrolling through would take ages!)?

Thanks for your help,

B

I mentioned the searching in my first post: "Plus, you need to have a Field where you can type in a code and the form will filter to that code or search and set the bookmark to that code. There are several examples on this forum about setting bookmarks." One example is:

http://www.dbforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=797314

To find more, type Bookmark in the Quick Search box at the top of this dBforums screen.