Question Unanswered: Need Help Getting Started

I am using MySQL with myphpAdmin where I work. I know how to use it, but I did not set it up. For my personal website at home, I'm looking for a free way to store form information in a database, which can then be fetched from other webpages. I was wondering if MySQL was the way to go. Any information that anyon could give that can lead me to getting up and running (to the point where I can enter information) is greatly appreciated.

what help do u actually need? mysql is the way to go whatever your database needs may be.

Re: Need Help Getting Started

Originally posted by USClight
    I am using MySQL with myphpAdmin where I work. I know how to use it, but I did not set it up. For my personal website at home, I'm looking for a free way to store form information in a database, which can then be fetched from other webpages. I was wondering if MySQL was the way to go. Any information that anyon could give that can lead me to getting up and running (to the point where I can enter information) is greatly appreciated.

You can download the latest version of mysql from
    http://www.mysql.com/downloads/

Mysql package comes with necessary info for installing mysql. You can also download mysql utlities like mysql control center.

Hope this was helpful