Unanswered: Rollforward Pending

We restored a database from X into Y using a online backup to do some testing from this date. The restore completed and the database was put in a rollforward pending state. I tried using the log files I had from the same period, but it complained about a log file missing. Since this was for testing, I did not care if the data was current.

When I tried running a rollforward stop or to a certain time, it complained that I must do a rollforward to end of logs.... Which I can not do...

Is there any way of getting the database out of a rollforward pending mode even though the data and logs may be corrupted?

Tring to figure out what we could do in a DR situation.....

Thanks in advance.....

Re: Rollforward Pending

For an online restore you need to have atleast the minimum number of log files. What I will suggest is to try the restore again and then roll-forward to the minimum time i.e. couple of minutes after the backup. But if you missing the log file or it's corrupt in this scenerio then you are out of luck.

I don't understand why it's forcing you to roll-forward to the end of the logs!!!

Hope this helps.

dollar

Originally posted by Koz
    We restored a database from X into Y using a online backup to do some testing from this date. The restore completed and the database was put in a rollforward pending state. I tried using the log files I had from the same period, but it complained about a log file missing. Since this was for testing, I did not care if the data was current.

When I tried running a rollforward stop or to a certain time, it complained that I must do a rollforward to end of logs.... Which I can not do...

Is there any way of getting the database out of a rollforward pending mode even though the data and logs may be corrupted?

Tring to figure out what we could do in a DR situation.....

Thanks in advance.....

db2 rollforward db DBANME complete

try above , that may fix it

let me know , if any questions

Lekharaju Ennam