Unanswered: Set TextBox default value with VBA

I am trying to set a TextBox's default value by using VBA code. Does anyone know how this can be done? I have tried the following:

Dim txtText1 As TextBox
    Dim Val As Double
    Set txtText1 = Forms!frmForm1.txtText1
    Val = InputBox("Enter Value ", , 1.34)
    txtText1.DefaultValue = Val

I have not entered anything for txtText1's "Default Value" property since I am trying to set the Default Value Property using the above VBA code. The above sets txtText1's value = whatever is entered in the InputBox, but the default value property for txtText1 remains blank.

Thanks much for any help.

Jim

Re: Set TextBox default value with VBA

Originally posted by jpgalasso
    I am trying to set a TextBox's default value by using VBA code. Does anyone know how this can be done? I have tried the following:

Dim txtText1 As TextBox
    Dim Val As Double
    Set txtText1 = Forms!frmForm1.txtText1
    Val = InputBox("Enter Value ", , 1.34)
    txtText1.DefaultValue = Val

I have not entered anything for txtText1's "Default Value" property since I am trying to set the Default Value Property using the above VBA code. The above sets txtText1's value = whatever is entered in the InputBox, but the default value property for txtText1 remains blank.

Thanks much for any help.

Jim
    Jim,

Are you really looking for a value to appear as a default in the textbox when the form appears? If so, do something like:

TextBox1.Value="Some string here ..."

Originally posted by M Owen
    Jim,

Are you really looking for a value to appear as a default in the textbox when the form appears? If so, do something like:

TextBox1.Value="Some string here ..."
    Thank you for the response, but no, I am not looking to put something in the textbox. I am trying to set the default property of the textbox equal to a constant (i.e. the default value that you usually set in "Design Mode", but that I am trying to set using VBA).

Any suggestions?

Thanks again.

Jim

Originally posted by jpgalasso
    Thank you for the response, but no, I am not looking to put something in the textbox. I am trying to set the default property of the textbox equal to a constant (i.e. the default value that you usually set in "Design Mode", but that I am trying to set using VBA).

Any suggestions?

Thanks again.

Jim
    Well per the DefaultValue help:

Specifies a String value that is automatically entered in a field when a new record is created.

So you can set this programmatically ... It does you no good tho unless you create a new record ... You can accomplish the exact same thing with code from my previous posting ... Question: WHY do you need/want to do this? To what purpose?

Provided Answers: 1
    Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer)
    Dim bb As String
    bb = InputBox("Input", "Input", 3)
    Text0.DefaultValue = Val(bb)
    End Sub

Originally posted by M Owen
    Well per the DefaultValue help:

Specifies a String value that is automatically entered in a field when a new record is created.

So you can set this programmatically ... It does you no good tho unless you create a new record ... You can accomplish the exact same thing with code from my previous posting ... Question: WHY do you need/want to do this? To what purpose?

I need to place a factor on a form that is used in a formula. The factor is only updated once per year. I am trying to give the User the capability of updating the factor by clicking on a command button. Otherwise, I want to keep the textbox that contains the factor locked but viewable.

Hope this makes some sense.

Jim