Unanswered: VBA code for retreiving Month and Year.

Hi,

I have a table storing the user selected year and month. Table structure is as follows:

TableName: TblGlobal
    Fields: FocusMonth, FocusYear

TblGlobal has only one record for FocusMonth and FocusYear, which stores an ID each of two other tables, viz. TblMonths and TblYears, having the following strucutres:

TableName: TblMonths
    Fields: MonthID, MonthName

TableName: TblYears
    Fields: YearID, YearName

The TblGlobal record is set by a combo box (cmbYear) in a form. For e.g. cmbYear has ControlSource as FocusYear and RowSource picking up from TblYears.

In VBA, I would like to have the MonthName and YearName (not the IDs) for the chosen FocusMonth and FocusYear stored on a string.

Could someone help with the VBA code for this?

Rgds

P.S. I am pretty weak on commands to open databases, setting recordset etc. in VBA. So the declarations before setting the string will be helpful.

I'm not exactly sure of what you are realy trying to do but, I'm going to take a stab at it anyway. Try this:

In the OnClick event of the cmbYear ComboBox
    Code:
    Dim MonthYearStrg As String  'String to hold the FocusMonth and FocusYear.
    If Not IsNull(Me.cmbYear) Then
       If Not IsNull(DLookUp("[FocusMonth]", "TblGlobal", "[FocusYear] = '" & Me.cmbYear & "'")) Then
           MonthYearStrg = DLookUp("[FocusMonth]", "TblGlobal", "[FocusYear] = '" & Me.cmbYear & "'") & ",  " & Me.cmbYear
       End If
       ' Just to show you have it....(you don't need this)
       MsgBox "My Month/Year String =  " & MonthYearStrg
    End If
    Hope this is what you're looking for.