Unanswered: Invisible/visible

Hi,
    I don't know a thing about VB, although I have managed to adapt a few lines of code for some items in my current DB. What I would like is some help in pointing me in the right direction in how to achieve the following.

I have an area of a form where various fields are held and I want this to remain invisible until the user right clicks in that area. Is this possible and how would I achieve it?

Regards
    John

Re: Invisible/visible

That is very simple.

Add a control to the area of the form that you want the user to right-click (let us say a label, you can put a border on the label so the user can see the area). In the Mouse down event of the label

Private Sub Label_MouseDown(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)

if Button=vbRightButton then

textbox1.visible=true
    textbox2.visible=true
    endif

End Sub
    In abundance of water only the fool is thirsty. Bob Marley.

Hi Rami,
    Thanks very much for this, but I appear to have a problem. I've copied your code and adapted it to mine but have an issue.
    I can still see the area of the form that I require to be invisible and if I right click on that area I get the following error box

Compile error

Syntax error

The code I inserted against the mosue down event on the label was as follows

Private Sub reveal_MouseDown(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)

If Button = vbRightButton Then

reveal1.Visible = True
    reveal2.Visible = True
    End If

End Sub

The label in question was called reveal

Regards
    John

Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong?

Regards
    John

Ok I think I've solved the error, I got rid of the 3 "." and added an Else statement in with a false value

But now I want it to re-disappear in they right click again. Any thoughts?

Regards
    John

Originally posted by Sticker
    Ok I think I've solved the error, I got rid of the 3 "." and added an Else statement in with a false value

But now I want it to re-disappear in they right click again. Any thoughts?

Regards
    John
    John,

Whilst I am in the same position as you as far as coding and the like is concerned, may I say that in this instance you need to preface the routine with a variable such as a string "show" or "Hide".

Then the If statement would refer to this variable and depending on it's value ("Show" or "Hide") would make the relevent controls visible or not.

You have to remember at the end of the routine to change the variable to the opposite of what it was to start so that when you next click the button it has the right value.

Regards,

Paul.

Hi Paul,
    Thanks for the reply...........................but I'm not at all sure what you mean "preface the routine with a variable such as a string "show" or "Hide" Sorry to be really thick, can you give me a very simple example please.

Also I'm not clear as to "at the end of the routine to change the variable to the opposite of what it was to start so that when you next click the button it has the right value" Will this be a simple reverse of the code?

regards
    John