Unanswered: event upon opening a form

Hello all,

I am having a problem triggering events upon the opening of a form. The events are based on reading info in the first record that populates immediately from a query. The event then makes changes to the form based on the info in the first record.

It seems that it checks the info before the form actually opens. So it successfully reads the info from the record but when it tries to make changes to the form, the form hasn't actually opened yet for it to make the changes. In other words, it is making changes to a nonexistent form.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Last edited by norm801; 03-05-04 at 14:17.

Re: event upon opening a form

Originally posted by norm801
    Hello all,

I am having a problem triggering events upon the opening of a form. The events are based on reading info in the first record that populates immediately from a query. The event then makes changes to the form based on the info in the first record.

It seems that it checks the info before the form actually opens. So it successfully reads the info from the record but when it tries to make changes to the form, the form hasn't actually opened yet for it to make the changes. In other words, it is making changes to a nonexistent form.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Try moving the event code into the oncurrent event.
    KC

Re: event upon opening a form

Originally posted by AZ KC
    Try moving the event code into the oncurrent event.
    That seemed to do the trick. For some reason I reasoned that the first record didn't count as changing records and never tried it.

Thanks for the help.