Unanswered: audit info in Oracle tables.

Hi,

We have a table in the the data base, from which certain records are being deleted. This table has trigger , set we do capture the deleted transactions in another place.

Unfortunately, all the developers have been given the same user id password to work on the database. So we could not figure out, who
    initiated these deletes.

I vaguely remember, that Oracle stores the ip address and OSuser information, somewhere

Could anyone help , how we can track down the ip address or the OS User who is initiating all these deletes from this vital table.

Thanks for your help in advance
    Saratha

Re: audit info in Oracle tables.

Saratha, you might consider a more direct approach that inserts the row which is to be deleted into some sort of temporary table in a pre_delete trigger and then insert it back in using a post-delete trigger. This sounds really pointless, but I expect the programmer(s) doing this will be on the phone to you quickly asking what is wrong with oracle...
    HTH

Originally posted by Saratha
    Hi,

We have a table in the the data base, from which certain records are being deleted. This table has trigger , set we do capture the deleted transactions in another place.

Unfortunately, all the developers have been given the same user id password to work on the database. So we could not figure out, who
    initiated these deletes.

I vaguely remember, that Oracle stores the ip address and OSuser information, somewhere

Could anyone help , how we can track down the ip address or the OS User who is initiating all these deletes from this vital table.

Thanks for your help in advance
    Saratha
    It was working just 5 minutes ago - I promise !

Thanks,
    Sounds like a good tactic. we will try that.

It would be helpful if anyone knows where the ip address and OSUser info is stored in the DBA or USer tables.

Thanks
    Saratha

Its not stored anywhere but the trace.

Originally posted by Saratha
    Thanks,
    Sounds like a good tactic. we will try that.

It would be helpful if anyone knows where the ip address and OSUser info is stored in the DBA or USer tables.

Thanks
    Saratha
    It was working just 5 minutes ago - I promise !