Unanswered: porting an Access Db to SQL Server

I have a MS Access DB that needs to be moved to SQL Server. I have no clue how to do this or even what the issues and considerations are.

Can anyone provide a link to any resources where I can educate myself? Or offer any advice or "lessons learned".

I anticipate using the same Access DB as a front end since the forms are all set up as we like.

Thanks in advance

Don

you kan try by ms sql server2000

in ms sql server2000

you can use in loadidng in another db.

hay,,,try in again ,,,,,

sorry ,mu english is ever poor!

sorry ,mu english is ever poor!

Re: porting an Access Db to SQL Server

Originally posted by dasadler
    I have a MS Access DB that needs to be moved to SQL Server. I have no clue how to do this or even what the issues and considerations are.

Can anyone provide a link to any resources where I can educate myself? Or offer any advice or "lessons learned".

I anticipate using the same Access DB as a front end since the forms are all set up as we like.

Thanks in advance

Don
    Its not really a problem. Create a new database at SQl Server and click right on de DB Name, then choose All Tasks, then chosse Import Data Select Source (Access *.mdb) then Destination DB (SQL Server), then Import Data. You there have the possibilty to change transfromations (click at (...)) in order to change data types, name of table etc.
    By finishing this step you do have all tables and Datas stored in your new SQL DB. You then should control and add all relevant relations. Copy and edit your existing views as views or Stored Procedures in SQL.
    Hope this was helpful
    Peter

Identity (Autonumber in Access) will need to be reset and other indexes recreated as well.

This link http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...t11/sqc18.mspx to upgrade MS access to sQL server.
    --Satya SKJ
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    [IMG]http://sqlserver-qa.net/google_bart.gif[/IMG]