Unanswered: Microsoft Access Calculations

hi..

id like to do some calculations in db. I will enter a loan date in 1 field, i then want the db to automatically produce the due date in another field. I want this due date to be 1 week after the loan date. Can anyone tell me what formula to use, and where to put this formula. Im quite new at this stuff.. so some help would be much appreciated.

thanx

Re: Microsoft Access Calculations

Originally posted by sabera
    hi..

id like to do some calculations in db. I will enter a loan date in 1 field, i then want the db to automatically produce the due date in another field. I want this due date to be 1 week after the loan date. Can anyone tell me what formula to use, and where to put this formula. Im quite new at this stuff.. so some help would be much appreciated.

thanx
    you can do this with an update query. Make sure you already have the proper field established in your database. I am not sure if this is the best way, however that is how I have done similare calculations. Hope it helps. Good luck!

em..

thanx 4 replying.. but how do u do an update query? im really new at this.. so could u elaborate on ur answer a bit more pls..

thanx in advance

I'd suggest another approach using the tiniest amount of code and the DateAdd function.

The field that you enter the loan date has an After Update Event associated with it (bring up properties, go to the Event tab to see it). You add a bit of code in there which updates the due date field. It could look something like this:

me.[due date] = DateAdd("d",7,me.[loan date])

That should be it. Use the Access inline help to learn about the DateAdd function.

Good luck!

Talking

Thanx so much 4 ur help paul...

take care..