HELP! We're in the middle of a critical install of 9.2 on a Win 2k Advanced server. It gets to the second installation disk, 17% complete, copying the file data_warehouse.dfj, and then it just hangs there. No errors or anything. We've started over from scratch several times. We've tried different installation disks, nothing. HELP!
How much time is it taking to proceed from 17% -- i mean is it getting stucked at 17% for more than an hour or less.
Also can you specify the version of Oracle, i.e., is it 184.108.40.206 or more and is it just W2k AS or do you have any Service Pack installed.
If you don't take me wrong, i have one suggestion, a better combination is W2kAS with SP3 -- we have almost 4 servers with this and Oracle 220.127.116.11 and as far as i remember, its better to go for SP3 than SP2 as some bugs are been resolved in SP3.
But at the same time let me check some of the installations we did in our's, as i never faced any problem in the installation of 9.2
We kill the universal installer. Then we stop the Oracle services. Then we edit the registry and remove the Oracle key from hkey_lm_sw, and remove the Oracle services from hkey_lm_svcs (all control sets).
Then we reboot, then we delete the Oracle directory we were installing to. Then we invoke the installer again and start over.
Thanks - I've found some other posts and am going to try one last desperate attempt. I've redirected my TEMP variable to the drive I'm installing Oracle on which has more space and I also dramatically increased my pagefiles
ensure uninstalling oracle 9.2 properly when you try reinstalling. when i suffered from the same problem I deinstalled previous oracle 9.2 using universal installer but externally removed the keys from registry of Win2k. I don't know the logic behind this but it worked for me. You also cann try the same.
Finally got it late Saturday night. Seems it must have been some sort of problem with the CD-Rom reading the disks. I tried copying the install disks from the CD-Rom to the hard drive, and I got a "Cyclical Redundancy Check" error on the same file that it hung up on during the install. I finally went to another machine and copied it from a different CD-Rom to the server's hard disk across the network, and it installed like a dream.