Unanswered: Database problem

I have an access problems which continues to get worse with the amount of users growing quickly. All problems are on a access 2000 db using asp/vb. The site gets about 25000 page hits daily.

The first is I have been receiving some error messages when records are being updated by users:
    (0x80040E21)The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time.
    (0x80040E21)Could not update; currently locked.

And recently
    (0x80004005)Could not use ''; file already in use.

All are from simple db add like the following, others are just simple adds:

RS.OPEN "SELECT * FROM Table" CONN,0,3
    IF NOT RS.EOF THEN
    RS("ReqPage") = Page
    RS("Hits") = RS("Hits") + 1
    RS.Update
    ELSE
    RS.AddNew
    RS("ReqPage") = Page
    RS("Hits") = 1
    RS.Update
    End If
    RS.CLOSE

I have searched everywhere on the web to find a soulotion(which is how I found dbforums.com) and have come up empty handed.

Just another quick question. The main table in this datebase currently has just over 300000 records most being number fields and a few other tables with around 3000 records. The datebase size is 61 megs. Is this a normal size for the amount of records. P.S. I have compacted and tried to create relations where possible.

Any help on elimnating this problem is greatly appreciated!
    Thanks in advanced
    -Scott

you open recordset with adLockOptimistic lock, try to use adLockPessimistic (=2) lock
    MDB, ADP <-> MS SQL + VBA, ADO & RDO, .NET, Oracle, Java/Jsp.

Re: Database problem

Your main problem is the record locking options that you are using in your recordsets. Research on it and use the one that best fits you.

The other problem is that you are really streching the limits of Access. If you are getting 25k hits a day, Access is not the right platform, Trust me it'll make your life hell..

You need a real db like oracle or SQLServer.

Originally posted by rx7tt
    I have an access problems which continues to get worse with the amount of users growing quickly. All problems are on a access 2000 db using asp/vb. The site gets about 25000 page hits daily.

The first is I have been receiving some error messages when records are being updated by users:
    (0x80040E21)The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time.
    (0x80040E21)Could not update; currently locked.

And recently
    (0x80004005)Could not use ''; file already in use.

All are from simple db add like the following, others are just simple adds:

RS.OPEN "SELECT * FROM Table" CONN,0,3
    IF NOT RS.EOF THEN
    RS("ReqPage") = Page
    RS("Hits") = RS("Hits") + 1
    RS.Update
    ELSE
    RS.AddNew
    RS("ReqPage") = Page
    RS("Hits") = 1
    RS.Update
    End If
    RS.CLOSE

I have searched everywhere on the web to find a soulotion(which is how I found dbforums.com) and have come up empty handed.

Just another quick question. The main table in this datebase currently has just over 300000 records most being number fields and a few other tables with around 3000 records. The datebase size is 61 megs. Is this a normal size for the amount of records. P.S. I have compacted and tried to create relations where possible.

Any help on elimnating this problem is greatly appreciated!
    Thanks in advanced
    -Scott