Unanswered: Delete Query Problem

Hi.

I'm having problems creating a delete query. Each time I try to make one, the query becomes "non updatable" and therefore doesnt work.

The delete query needs to involve two tables and one query:

Table 1: Holds the key of which records to delete (eg only those with a key of "141")

Query 1: Holds calculations relating to the records to be be deleted (I only want to delete null values within a "total" calculation). This query references "Table 2".

Table 2: Is the table that needs the records deleting from.

Everytime I create a query with "Table 1 and Query 1" or "Query 1 and Table 2", it becomes unupdatable, and therefore any delete query built from it doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Using Access 97.

Re: Delete Query Problem

Originally posted by Goldy
    Hi.

I'm having problems creating a delete query. Each time I try to make one, the query becomes "non updatable" and therefore doesnt work.

The delete query needs to involve two tables and one query:

Table 1: Holds the key of which records to delete (eg only those with a key of "141")

Query 1: Holds calculations relating to the records to be be deleted (I only want to delete null values within a "total" calculation). This query references "Table 2".

Table 2: Is the table that needs the records deleting from.

Everytime I create a query with "Table 1 and Query 1" or "Query 1 and Table 2", it becomes unupdatable, and therefore any delete query built from it doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Using Access 97.
    Can you post an example of what is happening?

Thanks again M Owen for the response. I did in fact post a reply explaining the problem further. But I solved it not long after I created this thread.

I created a table that would hold, temporarily, the ID numbers of the records that contained null values in the relevant field. Then I created a delete query using this table and Table 2. This query was updatable, and so worked!

Thanks for responding, though.

Provided Answers: 5
    usaully when a query is unupdatable itn is because you have brought the primary key into the grid from the master or primary table.

for instance if you have a patient table and with a one to many relationship on an appointment table you may be displaying the Patient id from the patient table instead of the appointment table.

try switching the id'd in the query and see if this works
    Dale Houston, TX