Wink Unanswered: Access Database Design

I have been requested to make an database using Access which will store a certain set of records.

Now, I have no Idea on how I should do the design of the database tables.

Daily there will be aprox. 150 records added to the database and the primary key will be a UserID.

Now, is it better to just make one LARGE Database with all these records(and trust me it will get really large) or do i create Weekly databases? So after each week, some how I have to figure out a trigger to create a new database the same as the last weeks, but empty.

Any suggestions on what would be the best course of action?

Users get added to the database (seperate table) daily.

Please, any suggestion would help greatly.

Ulysses

Re: Access Database Design

Hi,

My experience with tabes broken out by periods of time has been less than great. I would reccomend putting all the related data into one table and using indexes if it starts to take too long to query.

Don't forget about the 2 Gig file limit in access though.

Good luck,

John
    Originally posted by ulysses
    I have been requested to make an database using Access which will store a certain set of records.

Now, I have no Idea on how I should do the design of the database tables.

Daily there will be aprox. 150 records added to the database and the primary key will be a UserID.

Now, is it better to just make one LARGE Database with all these records(and trust me it will get really large) or do i create Weekly databases? So after each week, some how I have to figure out a trigger to create a new database the same as the last weeks, but empty.

Any suggestions on what would be the best course of action?

Users get added to the database (seperate table) daily.

Please, any suggestion would help greatly.

Ulysses