Unanswered: Oracle Forms & Report

Hi all,

I have to migrate from Oracle Forms & Reports to SQL-Server is it possible ?

give me an idea?

Thanx

Re: Oracle Forms & Report

Originally posted by Saravanan.R
    Hi all,

I have to migrate from Oracle Forms & Reports to SQL-Server is it possible ?

give me an idea?

Thanx
    I never tried this before.
    But u there is a trigger called on-logon, there u may the login details to connect. try to create odbc and connect to ur sql-server..
    Thanks and Regards,

Praveen Pulikunnu

Re: Oracle Forms & Report

Originally posted by praveenpr
    I never tried this before.
    But u there is a trigger called on-logon, there u may the login details to connect. try to create odbc and connect to ur sql-server..
    Hi,

I have created the Oracle Forms and Reports in D2K. For this I have to migrate equivalent in SQL-Server.

Thanx in advance

I think i got u right.
    You have developed ur applications in D2K and ur database is oracle. now u want to migrate to sql server, ie u r going to create all the structure to sql server. Did i get it right?
    Thanks and Regards,

Praveen Pulikunnu

I think i got u right.
    You have developed ur applications in D2K and ur database is oracle. now u want to migrate to sql server, ie u r going to create all the structure to sql server. Did i get it right?
    Yes. thats right.

But how can i migrate the Oracle GUI Forms & Reports to SQL-Server Environment.

Are u able to create a ODBC driver. If yes then at the time of connecting to oracle forms, it will ask u for oracle database user and password. What i am saying is, in the on-logon trigger try adding user/password@connect string and try... since i am not having D2K installed at my pc, i cant try it for u...
    Thanks and Regards,

Praveen Pulikunnu

Are u able to create a ODBC driver. If yes then at the time of connecting to oracle forms, it will ask u for oracle database user and password. What i am saying is, in the on-logon trigger try adding user/password@connect string and try... since i am not having D2K installed at my pc, i cant try it for u...
    yes. U r said that to work with Oracle forms in Oracle Database. am i correct. I can do as user/pwd@connect to oracle. But I want to migrate the Oracle GUI forms itself to SQL-Server Format to work on that Environment.