Thread: Menu Help

Unanswered: Menu Help

Hi guys

Im looking for somehelp here

Im trying to design a quick and fast way to look up account data on my spreadsheet

I have many different countries in which we hold many different funds and different account numbers for each countries funds

Im looking to have a drop down menu in which you can select the country you want

this will then show all the available funds for that country
    then you select the fund and you get the account number your after

Cheers again

Brian

Please find attached the spreadsheet example

Please note there will be loads more countries, funds and accounts in the real thing
    Attached Files Attached Files

I reviewed your XL sheet and what it is you want to accomplish and I think (my opinion mind you) is that your approaching this in the wrong
    way. If I were doing this in XL, I would use a single sheet for each county, in each countrie's sheet I would run the equations needed to provide specific data for that country. Then I would display summary totals on sheet 1 for the countires.
    What your trying to do is possible, but would require some VBA coding.

But, I think it is more optimal to do this in a database, if the amount of data you have is as large as you imply.
    Good luck
    Rick Knight
    KnightShift Office Solutions and Horse Breaking
    VB, VBA, FileMaker, Access Solutions, Web Solutions

hi mate

can you expand further on what your meaning

im struggling to understand

can you do me an example of it in action

currently we have every country, account detail and funds on a single sheet

im wanting to basically make a quick lookup to say if country = germany = show all the available funds for germany and then when you select a certain fund it shows you the account details.

please note that i cannot just do a look up to say if fund code = ag (for example) then pull up ag account number as the funds can be used in every country. example (ag fund is held in almost every country but has a different account number for each country)

Cheers

Try this

Try this. It's a simple solution but may accomplish what it is you want to do. In the attached I did this
    1. Create 1 sheet for each contry
    2. Sheet 1 is the navigation, hyperlinked to each countries sheet.
    3. Only the Germany sheet is set up.
    In the Germany sheet I am using the data filtering function, to allow me to choose a particluar account. I'm also using the sum function to tell me the total value of all accounts for Germany and using the subtotal function to give me the total value for an account I select from the filter button.
    This is set up only in this one sheet.
    Good Luck

Originally posted by mccrimmon
    hi mate

can you expand further on what your meaning

im struggling to understand

can you do me an example of it in action

currently we have every country, account detail and funds on a single sheet

im wanting to basically make a quick lookup to say if country = germany = show all the available funds for germany and then when you select a certain fund it shows you the account details.

please note that i cannot just do a look up to say if fund code = ag (for example) then pull up ag account number as the funds can be used in every country. example (ag fund is held in almost every country but has a different account number for each country)

Cheers
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Rick Knight
    KnightShift Office Solutions and Horse Breaking
    VB, VBA, FileMaker, Access Solutions, Web Solutions