Unanswered: parameter query accepting null values

I have a parameter query that is launched from a form containing three unbound fields. The first two fields prompt for a date range and the third field prompts for a value [OfficeName]. The [OfficeName] field is a combo box that looks up values from [tblOfficelist]. I would like the query to accept either an [OfficeName] value or a Null value. If there is a Null value, then I would like ALL OfficeNames included.

Based on information I received on the following web sitehttp://support.microsoft.com/default...81&Product=acc) , I have set the criteria in the [OfficeName] field to:

Like [Forms]![HelpDeskDetailbyOfficeForm]![OfficeName] & "*"

and then created an additional column in the query set to:
    [Forms]![HelpDeskDetailbyOfficeForm]![OfficeName] or Is Null

The strange thing is that when I run the query without the form and leave the [OfficeName] field blank it works great! But with the form, it gets hung up when formatting the page and I have to press Ctrl-Break.

Your help/ideas/suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

set criteria to

IIf(Len([Forms]![HelpDeskDetailbyOfficeForm]![OfficeName])=0 Or IsNull([Forms]![HelpDeskDetailbyOfficeForm]![OfficeName]),"*",[Forms]![HelpDeskDetailbyOfficeForm]![OfficeName])

should do the trick

CCC

Hmmm...no...sorry, different solution:

Create an unbound textbox called 'criteria' on your form (set it to Visible=No) with control source =IIf(Len([OfficeName])=0 Or IsNull([OfficeName]),"*",[OfficeName])

then set your criteria to

Like [Forms]![HelpDeskDetailbyOfficeForm]![criteria]

That should do it..really! )

C

Heres a nifty trick

In the criteria type
    Like nz([Forms]![HelpDeskDetailbyOfficeForm]![OfficeName],"*")

This will work well with strings.
    KC