Question Unanswered: access 97 on same machine as office XP?

I work for two hospital Trusts and take a lot of database work home. One hospital uses Access 97 and I've developed various database applications for them in that, which periodically I need to deglitch/maintain. The other uses Office XP, and I've developed database applications for them in that, ditto.

I currently have Access 97 installed on my windows XP machine at home. Does anyone know whether it's possible to install Office XP as well, ie maintaining both programs, so that I can still work on both the systems? Am reluctant just to to suck it and see, as i'm afraid of ending up with 2 unusable programs.

Any advice welcome!

Re: access 97 on same machine as office XP?

Originally posted by hilarycarlen
    I work for two hospital Trusts and take a lot of database work home. One hospital uses Access 97 and I've developed various database applications for them in that, which periodically I need to deglitch/maintain. The other uses Office XP, and I've developed database applications for them in that, ditto.

I currently have Access 97 installed on my windows XP machine at home. Does anyone know whether it's possible to install Office XP as well, ie maintaining both programs, so that I can still work on both the systems? Am reluctant just to to suck it and see, as i'm afraid of ending up with 2 unusable programs.

Any advice welcome!
    Here is some information I found regarding access 97 and access 2k. Perhaps this is an easy/similar implementation with XP.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;q241141

There is also a webcast and PPT on how to do this:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;325157