Question CR - Conditional Formatting

I am having difficulty with a conditional formatting problem I have been tasked with. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I currently run a custom report that shows summaries of several differnt types of products. The details are hidden, drill down ok.

I am required to highlight every 10th line of the summaries (group footers). No problem...I'm using this formula in the format section:

if (remainder(GroupNumber,10)=0) then Silver else NoColor

The report is grouped by column 'B'. I must restart the color formatting each time column 'A' changes.

Does anyone know a way to add this into my conditional formatting statement?

Assuming that "A" comes before "B" in the sort/group order, then you should just be able to work off of the "A" line numbers. I think that I'm missing something, but I'm not sure what that might be...

-PatP

Originally posted by Pat Phelan
    Assuming that "A" comes before "B" in the sort/group order, then you should just be able to work off of the "A" line numbers. I think that I'm missing something, but I'm not sure what that might be...

-PatP
    I'm sure I didn't describe it as well as i could have.

To be specific, column A is slot machine denomination, column B is the slot machine Type. There are 2058 machines total. Of the 2058, there are over 300 specific Types of machines (column B).

I use a group footer to summarize each type. The report is viewed with the details hidden.

I am using the 'if (remainder(GroupNumber,10)=0) then Silver else NoColor' statement in the Format Formula Editor for the group footer.

This highlights every 10th group footer. I need to restart the count each time the Denomination (column A) changes, but I can't seem to create another group footer by that field without losing all my Types.

I don't know if that helps. I'm a self-tought novice in Crystal. Guess I should take a class .

Thanks.

ChrisM

It has been AGES since I've used Crystal Reports, and of course I don't have any easy access to the documentation, but there is a way to find what you want. Each of the groups (in your case denomination and machine type) should have separate group counters. When a high-order group (denomination) changes, all lower group GroupNumber values should reset to 1. I'm not certain, but I think that Crystal is already doing what you want even if you don't realize it.

-PatP