Unanswered: Read-only recordset in a form

I have a stored procedure that is yielding the recordset I want, but when I use it as the source for a form, that form becomes read only. Apparently, it is read only because the stored procedure is based on three related tables. Also, the stored procedure has one parameter.

How can I edit this data?

Thanks for any help.

Re: Read-only recordset in a form

Not necessarily because the stored-procedure is based on three tables, if you have fields in the stored procedure that can uniquely define each table it should still be updateable. Could it be your DAO recordset which is not updateable? Try updating the stored procedure directly on SQL and see if it works then you will know if it is the stored procedure or the DAO recordset of the form.
    In abundance of water only the fool is thirsty. Bob Marley.

When I run the stored procedure, I am still unable to edit the data. In the status bar at the bottom of the screen in Access, I get a message that says the "recordset requires a form to be updateable."

I have removed the parameter and I am still unable to edit the data. Apparently, something goes haywire when I add a related table to the stored procedure. If I remove it and run it with only one table, it works fine and is updateable/editable. As soon as I add the second table, I have a problem.

I know it has nothing to do with the parameter because I have added the parameter in the single table stored procedure and it runs fine and is editable. It clearly has something to do with the related tables.

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by shearness; 03-09-04 at 20:13.

One other new development. I have gotten as far as creating a form now, setting the Unique Table Poroperty and being able to edit the data in that form. Now, when I make that same form a subform, I am in the same boat of not being able to edit the data. What am I doing wrong?