Unanswered: Calculating Percentages in Query

This is probably blindingly obvious but i just cant remember or find how to do it.

I've got a query in Access97 which is looking up a variety of data from a table, what i want to be able to do is:

a) Count how many query results are returned and be able to pull this figure into a report running off the query

b) I've got a number of fields based on yes/no answers - i want to be able to get a percentage of yes and percentage of no and again pull this onto a report...

Appreciate any help, being really dim due to no Db work in last 4 years or so...

Steve

Re: Calculating Percentages in Query

Originally posted by stek2003
    This is probably blindingly obvious but i just cant remember or find how to do it.

I've got a query in Access97 which is looking up a variety of data from a table, what i want to be able to do is:

a) Count how many query results are returned and be able to pull this figure into a report running off the query

b) I've got a number of fields based on yes/no answers - i want to be able to get a percentage of yes and percentage of no and again pull this onto a report...

Appreciate any help, being really dim due to no Db work in last 4 years or so...

Steve
    For your Yes/No's: Add a textbox on the report in the detail section (hidden) that has the following ControlSource:

= IIf([CheckBoxNameHere]=True,1,0)

One to test for Yes and one to test for No ...

As for your count:

You could do this: Adda textbox somewhere (preferably in the Report Header or Footer) and make this the controlsource:

=DCount("QueryNameHere")

Thanks for this - probably me being dim but the count one isn't working, i've entered the control source as:

=DCount("poorbyteamdate")

(poorbyteamdate is name of the query)

I get a error of "The expression you entered has a function containing the wrong number of arguments"...
    Any thoughts on where im failing?

And with the percentage of yes/no's all i get reported back seems to be a 1 - is this right?

Again, sorry for being so dim and really appreciate your help,

Steve