Unanswered: To Send Data From Word To Database

HI

I WANT TO SEND DATA FROM WORD TO DATABASE CAN ANY BODY HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM CAN U SUGGEST ME WITH SOME SOFTWARE OR U CAN SEND ME SOME HOME MADE REMEADY.

REGARDS
    MARIA

if the word file is structured (csv, tab delim, fixed length) with one record per line, or is tagged like xml, then you just have to resave the document with the correct extension and transfer text or link to the text file and copy the data to a table.

hi

hi

thanks for ur reply.actually here i have to deal with biodatas of different people which they send as attachment in a word document for any job application.my point is how to send this data in database so that it will be easy for me to sort out the appropriate candidate for the job.

different people have different style of writing biodatas so what to do in order to send the data ie name in name column etc in a database.and what is data parsing and how to do that.plz explain me every thing in detail.or else u can suggest me some useful site where i can get help on this topic.any suggestions are wellcome. so plz reply soon.

regards
    maria

Is the word Name always in front of the person's name? Are there labels for each field on the biodatas? If not, a person will probably have to sort through the data since there is no required format like name on first line, date on second, ...

Parsing is basically the checking of an xml file to make sure the syntax is correct. There are different levels of parsing, but this won't help if the biodatas are randomly formatted without any way of identifying where the name is in the document, where the date is, and so on.