Exclamation Unanswered: "Multibase" from Transtools

Hi people!

I need to create an ODBC connection (in WIN2000) with the database called "Multibase" from Transtools for my Java Application (i want to use the JDBC:ODBC bridge). I've some drivers of it, but they don't work. Do you have any ODBC:Multibase drivers?

A direct connection JDBC:Multibase can be usefull too !

Ty people, regards,

Wink

Hi Kobaya, you will find the driver JDBC_CTSQL and connection samples inside de demo of Cosmoweb IDE at this address:

http://www.transtools.com/products/e...owebi_demo.htm

I've tried to run some java programs connecting to the database and only works if I do it from cosmoweb environment (using Apache Tomcat)only when it starts running the sql engine CTSQL, otherwise dont work. I dont know how to start CTSQL out of the cosmoweb environment, but it could be explained into some javasource. If you find the way, could you tell me how?

'm using Win-98 and win-XP in a local network.

Regards

Hi, SAMARUK and KOBAYA.
    This is a little example to connect to the TransTOOLs CTSQL engine from java.

String driver = "com.transtools.jdbc.CtsqlJdbcDriver"; //driver's class in ctsql-jdbc.jar
    Class.forName( driver );
    String url = "jdbc:ctsql://hostname:20000/mydatabase;DBPATH=c:\\databases";
    Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection( url, "user", "password" );

// hostname --> the host where is the CTSQL engine installed
    // 20000 --> the port number where is the CTSQL engine "listening"
    // mydatabase --> the database name
    // DBPATH --> the full path of the database

Regards.

Hi shaktale, I know these parameters to stablish the connection, but I havent found the way to start and keep "listening" the CTSQL engine... it must be specified in some class because CTSQL isnt running before executing the connection class, but I dont know how to do this.

Thanks.

Samaruc

Originally posted by samaruc
    Hi shaktale, I know these parameters to stablish the connection, but I haven�t found the way to start and keep "listening" the CTSQL engine... it must be specified in some class because CTSQL isn�t running before executing the connection class, but I don�t know how to do this.

Thanks.

Samaruc
    Ok, Samaruc.

What is the exception catched when you run the Drivermanager.getConnection?

Starting the CTSQL engine from a java class is not the best way to work.

There is three types of CTSQL engines.
    a) Running in Unix/Linux machine.
    b) Running in a Windows NT/2000 machine.
    c) Running "embebed" into the TransTOOLs Cosmos Product in local connection.

In the a) and b) cases, it runs like a service (Client / Server). Then, you can connect with the CTSQL database server. In the c) case, is impossible to connect with the CTSQL database server, because is a local connection, and the CTSQL JDBC Driver only works in client/server connections.

If the engine is running in a Unix/Linux machine, you must look for in /etc/services file a line like "ctsql xxxxx/tcp", where xxxxx is the por number where the service is listening. In /etc/inetd.conf there is a line like "ctsql stream tcp nowait root /export/home/mb/lib/ctsql ctsql system 3.0 2.0 NET". If you run the command "netstat -a | grep ctsql", and the response is something like "*.ctsql *.* 0 0 24576 0 LISTEN", then the service is listening. If the service is not listening, then you must restart the inetd process. (kill -1 <inetd pid>)

If the engine is running in a Windows 2000/NT machine, you must look for a service called "LSTctsql". In the properties of the service there must be the path to the executable, for example, "c:\MultiWay\mwlisten.exe". Then you must run the command "c:\MultiWay\mwlisten.exe -start ctsql". The port where the service listens is in "c:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc\services", in a line like "ctsql xxxxx/tcp", where xxxxx is the port number where the service is waiting a connection from the client.

Regards,
    Shaktale.