Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    36

    Talking Unanswered: The Oracle PL/SQL is same with DB2 PL/SQL?

    The Oracle PL/SQL is same with DB2 PL/SQL?

    So can we just direct convert the Stored Procedure with just copy and paste???

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    2
    not it is little different, so you cannot cut a PL/Sql from Oracle and paste it in DB2

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    India
    Posts
    135
    Originally posted by rajeev_p
    not it is little different, so you cannot cut a PL/Sql from Oracle and paste it in DB2
    No. Definetly not, There is a lot limitation in DB2 statements, you can't use cursor in DB2 Function. In DB2 can't define EXCEPTION.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    36
    but from tech fact sheet DB2 is used SQL 99 and oracle is used SQL 92?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    492
    Originally posted by chneoh
    but from tech fact sheet DB2 is used SQL 99 and oracle is used SQL 92?

    That refers to ANSI SQL - so the fact that both support joins, unions, aggregate functions...etc..

    That doesnt refer to PL/SQL being the same

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    36

    Thumbs up

    Originally posted by ss659
    That refers to ANSI SQL - so the fact that both support joins, unions, aggregate functions...etc..

    That doesnt refer to PL/SQL being the same
    Thankx

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •