Unanswered: form parent and children

Hi.
    I'm new to access and VB. I would like to create 2 forms when one is the parent of the other.
    I have already created the 2 forms, and I would like to set one form as the parent of the other.
    The first form retrieves datas with control (text boxes, combobox) and the second form displays the result of the sql query with these data. So I would like to make the result form as the child of the first form.

Anybody can help me, it's urgent.

Thanks.

Sev2004

As a quick solution, you could use a line like this:

Forms!form1!text1.Value = Data_from_here

Obviously form1 is the other from (I dont know its name)

You can enter values into an OPEN form using this method in Access.

I'm not saying its the best, but seeing as you said urgent, I typed this in quickly.

If a better solution comes you can always change it.

~Ken

Re: form parent and children

Originally posted by sev2004
    Hi.
    I'm new to access and VB. I would like to create 2 forms when one is the parent of the other.
    I have already created the 2 forms, and I would like to set one form as the parent of the other.
    The first form retrieves datas with control (text boxes, combobox) and the second form displays the result of the sql query with these data. So I would like to make the result form as the child of the first form.

Anybody can help me, it's urgent.

Thanks.

Sev2004
    Are you looking to make the 2nd form a subform? At a minimum, you merely have the "child" form access the controls of the "parent" form ... Ken's example shows how to do that ...