Thread: All caps

Angry Unanswered: All caps

In Access 2002 and previous versions, when I format a memo field with ">" to display all caps, the field truncates and will no longer act as a memo field. It will only display 250 characters. The field will still hold the data but simply will not display it.
    Any suggestions?

Re: All caps

Originally posted by Gunns603
    In Access 2002 and previous versions, when I format a memo field with ">" to display all caps, the field truncates and will no longer act as a memo field. It will only display 250 characters. The field will still hold the data but simply will not display it.
    Any suggestions?
    Try using UCase function instead ... Internally I believe that the MS textbox control can hold 65535 characters (which also is the MAX limit of the Memo field) ... Just a coincidence?

That is what I tried. When I add ">" to the function in properties of the memo field, I get all caps but I also get the display truncated.

Originally posted by Gunns603
    That is what I tried. When I add ">" to the function in properties of the memo field, I get all caps but I also get the display truncated.
    Remove it from the table format ... Perform the UCase on your save/update ...