Unanswered: Sorting concatenated dates

Hi,

I have a concatenated date field that is put together by extracting the month and year from purchase dates.

In the query, where it is sorted ascending, it works fine. However, in the report that is generated off the query, the "Month-Year" field gets messed up. My report has grouping by three fields: "business", "procurement group ID", and "purchaser name".

I have sorted the Month-Year field in the report (in addition to in the query) because the "Hide Duplicates" property when turned on works better this way (I have several line items of products purchased for each month). It works - except that the months are getting messed up. For example, my report shows the following: Aug-2002, Dec-2002, Jan-2003, Nov-2002, Oct-2002...

How do I get it to sort the right way so that I get the grouping I want (of the other three fields) and sorted by Month-Year that hides repetitions?

Thanks in advance,

Jabo

I would have a second field and a third field just for sorting. Keep you concatenated field and add a field for the Month() and the other one for the Year(). Then the fields will be sorting on a number field instead of the string field.

Sorting concatenated date fields

Originally posted by DCKunkle
    I would have a second field and a third field just for sorting. Keep you concatenated field and add a field for the Month() and the other one for the Year(). Then the fields will be sorting on a number field instead of the string field.

Thanks!