Thread: Tracking

Red face Unanswered: Tracking

I'm creating database to keep track of patient that are enrolled in study. I have table which keeps track of patient enrollment information such as Enrollment(Y/N), DateofEnroll, and EnrolledStatus.

When the patient is enroll the "EnrolledStatus" is active but that staus can change if something happens to patients so "EnrolledStatus" will change from "active" to "terminated"

Right now i'm able to achive this but it over writes the value in table. So if i change the "active" to "terminnated" i will see only terminated in table.

And idea how to achive this ?
    Skharva

This is a one to many relationship so you need another table to store the this information it should take the client/patient number from the origional table (to know which record it should be related to) and have those fields you mentioned above. ie then a client/patient can have many enrollments. This table information should be used to create another form which become a subform in your main form which exchanges the client/patient number with the subform

This should help you in the right direction

Thumbs up

Originally posted by hoggy
    This is a one to many relationship so you need another table to store the this information it should take the client/patient number from the origional table (to know which record it should be related to) and have those fields you mentioned above. ie then a client/patient can have many enrollments. This table information should be used to create another form which become a subform in your main form which exchanges the client/patient number with the subform

This should help you in the right direction
    Thanks

But logic behind this is that One Patient can only enroll in study once
    Skharva

What i emailed doesnt affect that it just allows you to have two (or more) values for the enrollment into study the entry and exit which i persume is what you are after.

The main table would have details like:

ID Name .....

1 Bob
    2 Mick

The link table will have (you wont need the Enrollment(Y/N))

ID DateofEnroll EnrolledStatus
    1 01/01/2003 active
    2 03/02/2003 active
    1 03/02/2003 terminated

Originally posted by hoggy
    What i emailed doesnt affect that it just allows you to have two (or more) values for the enrollment into study the entry and exit which i persume is what you are after.

The main table would have details like:

ID Name .....

1 Bob
    2 Mick

The link table will have (you wont need the Enrollment(Y/N))

ID DateofEnroll EnrolledStatus
    1 01/01/2003 active
    2 03/02/2003 active
    1 03/02/2003 terminated

In this case user can chage the EnrolledStatus in same recorde without creating new record in subfrom. What i'm trying to say is that user can by mistake erase "active" and type in "terminated" so in that case value in table will over right with new value. Would it help if i send u the sample db file ?

Thanks in advance
    Skharva

Red face

Originally posted by Skharva
    In this case user can chage the EnrolledStatus in same recorde without creating new record in subfrom. What i'm trying to say is that user can by mistake erase "active" and type in "terminated" so in that case value in table will over right with new value. Would it help if i send u the sample db file ?

Thanks in advance

Here is the database file
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Skharva