Unanswered: Filter By Selection Command Button

I would like to add a command button to my form that acts just like the Filter By Selection command button in the access toolbar can anyone explain how to do this or point me to a website that will?

Re: Filter By Selection Command Button

Originally posted by FixtKid
    I would like to add a command button to my form that acts just like the Filter By Selection command button in the access toolbar can anyone explain how to do this or point me to a website that will?

Use the command button wizard. It offers this in the 'Form Operations' selection.
    Gregg

DAO, ADO, SQL, Automation and anything else I can pick up.

In an ADO recordset you can use the Filter property i.e.

Rs.Filter="Year=1970"
    In abundance of water only the fool is thirsty. Bob Marley.

Originally posted by basicmek
    Use the command button wizard. It offers this in the 'Form Operations' selection.
    I tried that and it doesn't seem to work. Here's what I have.

- In the form detail section I created a table using text boxes dragged to the detail section from the field list.
    - In the form header section I want to add the Filter By Selection (FBS) command button.

When I tried what you suggested, nothing happened when I clicked the button. If I perform a FBS using the toolbar icon, it performs the filter just like I want it to. Next, if I click remove filter (toolbar icon), then click the command button (FBS) it remembers the filter criteria performed through the toolbar icon and performs the filter. The command button (FBS) is acting like it will not know what to look for to perform the filter unless I give it its search criteria through the toolbar FBS.

Hopefully this makes sense.
    Thank you for responding to my question.