Unanswered: Re-setting Autonumber

Hello,
    I have a table whose primary key is set to autonumber. I've removed all the records from the table, however, my autonumber primary key field is still has not reset to 1.

I know that compacting the db after I cleared all the records is supposed to re-set the autonumber to begin at 1 again, but this appearantly only works when all the records in ALL the tables have been deleted,. i.e. I only want to reset the autonumber in only one of my tables.

Any thought?

TM

Re: Re-setting Autonumber

Originally posted by tmalone
    Hello,
    I have a table whose primary key is set to autonumber. I've removed all the records from the table, however, my autonumber primary key field is still has not reset to 1.

I know that compacting the db after I cleared all the records is supposed to re-set the autonumber to begin at 1 again, but this appearantly only works when all the records in ALL the tables have been deleted,. i.e. I only want to reset the autonumber in only one of my tables.

Any thought?

TM
    Copy the structure to another tablename, delete the old table and rename the new one ...

hank you.. much appreciated