Unanswered: Replication & Synchronization over the Internet

I am developing an Access application to be used in two geographically separate locations. The data needs to be updated daily, but there is no need for real time data. Ideally, they would be able to synchronize the data over the internet once or twice a day. How do I do this?

Thanks

You have to have a mapped folder to the app. in order to sync.

If you have to sync two databases and they have a large amount of data, it would be best to move (NOT COPY-VERY BAD) the remote site database before sync. Much faster and safer, but everyone must be out of it before you move it.
    KC

I am sorry, I am a little lost. Can you be more specific. I have never done this before, so any information that I am given is very helpful.
    Thanks

Originally posted by syk
    I am sorry, I am a little lost. Can you be more specific. I have never done this before, so any information that I am given is very helpful.
    Thanks
    I would figure set up some sort of vpn and then map the folder that the Database is on as a network drive. Then set up the sync to sync with that db in that network drive after they connected via vpn.

-Dante

I must sound really dumb! but how does one set up a VPN? What exactly is required, or where can I get the necessary info?

Thanks

Originally posted by darkdante
    I would figure set up some sort of vpn and then map the folder that the Database is on as a network drive. Then set up the sync to sync with that db in that network drive after they connected via vpn.

-Dante

Originally posted by syk
    I must sound really dumb! but how does one set up a VPN? What exactly is required, or where can I get the necessary info?
    From the Help pages in Windows XP professional:
    (search for VPN...)

"To make a virtual private network (VPN) connection
    Open Network Connections.
    Under Network Tasks, click Create a new connection, and then click Next.
    Click Connect to the network at my workplace, and then click Next.
    Click Virtual Private Network connection, click Next, and then follow the instructions in the wizard. "

Daniel

Originally posted by syk

Thanks
    Try the following guide if you have windows xp

http://asia.cnet.com/itmanager/netad...9050037,00.htm

Once you get that setup then you can do as Kedaniel said and set up connections that will connect to the vpn server.

Thanks for your advice. It is truly appreciated!