Unanswered: Button to move between tabs!

I use tabs in one of my forms to divide the form up into logical and neat sections. However, I need to lead the user (novice) to move from one tab to the next in order to fill out ALL the needed fields in the form. Apparently, I cannot use the "Go to Page" command. How can I do this?

Thx

Hi

I suppose it seems very obvious but when the training of the "novice" takes place really they should been CLEARLY trained to use the page tab to move on

As a prompt you could put a small event capture in the last text box to be populated that says something like IIf([Text5]=IS NOT Null,"Please fill in data on Page 2","")

or something to that effect?

hope this will prompt a quick work around

Rgds
    gareth
    Last edited by garethfx; 03-09-04 at 17:29.

It's one way of doing it I guess! The application is intended to be, more or less, self explanatory, as not a lot of time can be dedicated to training; hence, the question. If there is no other way of doing it, your suggestion makes sense.Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by garethfx
    Hi

I suppose it seems very obvious but when the training of the "novice" takes place really they should been CLEARLY trained to use the page tab to move on

As a prompt you could put a small event capture in the last text box to be populated that says something like IIf([Text5]=IS NOT Null,"Please fill in data on Page 2","")

or something to that effect?

hope a this will prompt a quick work around

Rgds
    gareth

it is possible to use code to basically attach to the AFTERUPDATE in the last text box on form (tab 1) this would then look and check its been updated (of course ) and could move the user to next tab. HOWEVER if the last data entered is in error and the user leaves the last text box for instance they will move on with out checking the data entered is accurate.

That is why sometimes with novice users you cant always automate and must rely on the user checking and authorising the next action
    Second to this if the user is moved on there must be a reverse procedure incase of the expected OPPPSSS situation

hope this might clear the mist a little as to why i advocate the training issue..

gareth