Unanswered: Delphi .Net vs C# vs VB.Net

After Delphi8 came out, actually this is a product which try to used back teh Delphi syntax (20%) to write the .Net application.

As a developer, which choice is the best one????

Because my idea is we need to re-learn also teh Delphi8 for .Net, what we direct go for C#

Lightbulb

I don't think we need to learn a lot of new things in Delphi8.NET compared to VB.net. In VB.net, it's like learning a new languange man.

Am I right?

Talking

Originally posted by zulazriputra
    I don't think we need to learn a lot of new things in Delphi8.NET compared to VB.net. In VB.net, it's like learning a new languange man.

Am I right?
    But from my go through, i found out that for Delphi.Net for windows and VCL application is ok, but for web application i think i a big different

The only reason I use Delphi (currently using Delphi 6 Enterprise) for some projects over VB.NET is when I need a compiled executable that can run on its own (no install, no registry entries, no .dll's, no .net framework).

These projects are usually external programs which I write so our clients can do things with the data we generate for them.

Internally, we are standardized on the .net framework, so I can write apps in vb.net that I know will run on every workstation in the company.

I found vb.net a lot easier to learn, and easier to use, than I did Delphi.

So the question for me becomes: Does Delphi8.NET compile the .net framework, or the parts of it my app uses, directly into the .exe? If not, I will not be asking that we buy it. I'll stick with Delphi 6 for external projects and vb.net for internal projects.