Unanswered: What is this error message about?

With DB2 8.1 on AIX 5.1, I have a java process throwing the following message:

2004 03/10 13:31:43 E5 Not Logon _ESY3D135 ƒf[ƒ^ƒx[ƒXEƒgƒ‰ƒ“ƒUƒNƒVƒ‡ƒ“ˆ—’†‚ɁAcommit/rollback‚π‚΅‚Θ‚’‚ά‚άclose‚ͺ—v‹‚³‚κ‚ά‚΅‚½Bˆ—‚Νr ollback‚³‚κ‚ά‚·com.ibm.jp.wacs.WACSSysException:_E SY3D135 ƒf[ƒ^ƒx[ƒXEƒgƒ‰ƒ“ƒUƒNƒVƒ‡ƒ“ˆ—’†‚ɁAcommit/rollback‚π‚΅‚Θ‚’‚ά‚άclose‚ͺ—v‹‚³‚κ‚ά‚΅‚½Bˆ—‚Νr ollback‚³‚κ‚ά‚·-- at com.ibm.jp.wacs.db.WACSDefaultDBConnector.close(WA CSDefaultDBConnector.java:374)-- at com.ibm.jp.wacs.helper.WACSHelper.close(WACSHelper .java:130)-- at com.ibm.jp.wacs.helper.WACSHelper.closeAll(WACSHel per.java:168)-- at com.ibm.jp.wacs.ck.web.CK_C_MENU.doProcess(CK_C_ME NU.java:163)-- at com.ibm.jp.wacs.WACSAbstractTransaction.start(WACS AbstractTransaction.java:957)-- at com.ibm.jp.wacs.ck.web.CK_C_MENU.start(CK_C_MENU.j ava:86)-- at com.ibm.jp.wacs.WACSAbstractTransaction.start(WACS AbstractTransaction.java:989)-- at com.ibm.jp.wacs.WACSJobManager.doProcessChain(WACS JobManager.java:90)-- at com.ibm.jp.wacs.WACSJobManager.handleJob(WACSJobMa nager.java:256)-- at com.ibm.jp.wacs.WACSJobManager.execute(WACSJobMana ger.java:123)-- at com.ibm.jp.wacs.WACSMainServlet.performTask(WACSMa inServlet.java:455)-- at com.ibm.jp.wacs.WACSMainServlet.doPost(WACSMainSer vlet.java:227)-- at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:760)-- at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:853)-- at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictServletInsta nce.doService(StrictServletInstance.java:110)-- at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleSer vlet._service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:174)-- at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.IdleServletState.s ervice(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:313)-- at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleSer vlet.service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:116)-- at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletInstance.se rvice(ServletInstance.java:258)-- at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ValidServletRefere nceState.dispatch(ValidServletReferenceState.java: 42)-- at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletInstanceRef erence.dispatch(ServletInstanceReference.java:40)-- at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispat cher.handleWebAppDispatch(WebAppRequestDispatcher. java:872)-- at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispat cher.dispatch(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:491)-- at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispat cher.forward(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:173)-- at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.WebAppInvoker.doForwar d(WebAppInvoker.java:79)-- at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.WebAppInvoker.handleIn vocationHook(WebAppInvoker.java:199)-- at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.cache.invocation.CachedInv ocation.handleInvocation(CachedInvocation.java:71)-- at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.cache.invocation.Cacheable InvocationContext.invoke(CacheableInvocationContex t.java:114)-- at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srp.ServletRequestProcesso r.dispatchByURI(ServletRequestProcessor.java:187)-- at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.oselistener.OSEListenerDis patcher.service(OSEListener.java:331)-- at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.http.HttpConnection.handle Request(HttpConnection.java:56)-- at com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.readAndHandleReques t(HttpConnection.java:432)-- at com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.run(HttpConnection. java:343)-- at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.j ava:592)--

if you cannot read Japanese, the message is like:

"_ESY3D135 In DB processing, there is a close without Commit/rollback ...the tranasaction is rolled back by the system.
    com.ibm.jp.wacs.WACSSysException:_ESY3D135 "

But in the source code, I do have a commit(or a rollback respectively), and it works fine if there is only one thread in processing. Only if I run this thread concurrently, say 2 in the same time, the problem above occurs.

Do you have any idea?

thanks!

Provided Answers: 1

Re: What is this error message about?

Originally posted by iceall

But in the source code, I do have a commit(or a rollback respectively), and it works fine if there is only one thread in processing. Only if I run this thread concurrently, say 2 in the same time, the problem above occurs.

Do you have any idea?

thanks!
    Database connections are not shareable between threads. Well, technically they could be shared but then you have problems similar to the one you're seeng. Ensure that each thread gets its own dedicated database connection. E.g. obtain a connection from the pool prior to starting a thread and pass that connection to the thread; only return connection to the pool after that thread terminates. Don't attempt to close the connection within the thread.

thank you for replying pal.

one thing left unconfirmed..
    if I have those 2 threads working on different records of a table, say R1, R2 in T1, nothing goes wrong. Could you please tell me more about this?

Provided Answers: 1

Originally posted by iceall
    thank you for replying pal.

one thing left unconfirmed..
    if I have those 2 threads working on different records of a table, say R1, R2 in T1, nothing goes wrong. Could you please tell me more about this?
    It's difficult to say anything without knowing what exactly your threads are attempting to do and how your application server (it's connection pool implementation, specifically) affects database operations.