I'm looking for a good/fast desktop db.
The scenario is:
1. Only 1 client writes to the db but it appends
new records too frequently. I don't know while
how many records per second, but at least 1-2.
2. 1..3 clients have a read only access to this db.
3. No updating at all, only insert and select.
4. May be some indexes for a faster selecting, but
a primary goal is a fastest inserting.
5. Also, there're may be up to million records or less.
6. A record consists of integer fields mainly. No varchar-s
or any variable length fields. A record size up to 1500 bytes.
Before looking for a server db, may be there's
any desktop engine?