Thread: Help Pls

Red face Unanswered: Help Pls

Im creating database for Mother and Infant who are enrolled in study and then keep track of their Visit. So far I have following tables:

tblMother to tblInfants (1 to M)

tblInfants to tblEnroll (1 to M)

tblInfants to tblVisit (1 to M)

Im able to keep track of all Visits on tblVisit but the problem is that some visits are only for Mother and some only for Infants and some are for both of them together. (All this visit are schedule when they are enroll in study such as 2 weeks visit.4weeks visitetc) Now how can I keep track of Visit when only Mother is supposed to come and when only Infant supposed to come?

For example for 2 Weeks Visit only Mother supposed to come and for 4 weeks visit both of Mother and Infant supposed to come.

And sometimes they are assigned additional visit (Not Schedule when they are enroll) if there is something wrong with them. How would I keep track of that?
    Skharva

Re: Help Pls

Add another relationship

tblMother to tblVisit (1 to M)

So visits will either have Mother-Infant, Mother alone or Infant alone.
    In abundance of water only the fool is thirsty. Bob Marley.

Re: Help Pls

Originally posted by rami.haddad
    Add another relationship

tblMother to tblVisit (1 to M)

So visits will either have Mother-Infant, Mother alone or Infant alone.
    For tblVisit i have field called "VisitType" which is link to the tblVisitType

VisitType Mother Infant
    ----------- -------- -------
    2 Weeks Yes No
    4 Weeks Yes Yes
    6 Weeks No Yes

Now i know i would need this field in tblVisit also right ? And when user picks VisitType from combo box and its 2Weeks visit which is only for Mother Is it possible that some of the fields in tblVisit such as "MotherDate" is enable and "InfantDate" is disable ?
    Skharva