Unanswered: Insert Recordset Results

Hello,

This is probably a simple question, but I have not been able to find a solution in the forums.

I have an ASP page that returns the recordset results of a SQL Query.

I would like to be able to take the reults of the recordset and, based on user request, insert those results into another table. I could do this by using an insert statement and resubmitting the query, but then the select statment would have to run more than once. How do I insert the results of a query already completed?

- joe

Lightbulb

while it displays the first query results, you can have it create an insert statement for every row it displays. You can then either assign it a button for each row to call the function with the insert statement(s) or have asp automatically run the insert as the page loads. post the code with the first query and i'll see if i can make it a little clearer

Talking

Thanks.

I ended up writing the records to a hidden field and passing them to another page for the insert.

- Joe http://www.dbforums.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

<<
    I could do this by using an insert statement and resubmitting the query, but then the select statment would have to run more than once.
    >>

I'd probably just say so what and go for it (assuming not a high traffic site perhaps).
    J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance Web and Database Developer
    www.Bullschmidt.com
    Access Database Sample, Web Database Sample, ASP Design Tips