Unanswered: access security messages

I have a database - built in Access 2000. The security and permissions is broken into three types:

Admin - developer account
    metro_admin - full access to db forms, etc. - no access to design (back-end)
    supervisor - access to specific forms, reports, etc.

My question is this....When a supervisor is logged in and he/she clicks on a form or section of the db that he/she does not have access to, is there a way to control the access message..."You don't have permissions to 'x'. To run this object you must have open/run permission for it. For more information on permissions, and who can set them, press help" - I would rather my users not have access to the help in this case. Is there a way to customize the message? Also, a majority of the navigation within the database is done via links to forms...so after a user without permissions to a specific form/report, etc. another message pops up saying "....can't follow the hyperlink to 'x' (form/report name) - Please verify the destination" Is there a way to trap this message or to at least modify it to be a little less descriptive...basically its saying that the link is broken and well that's not acceptable.

Any ideas.

Thanks for the help in advanced!

BAF
    Last edited by ironchef; 03-10-04 at 14:00.

Re: access security messages

Originally posted by ironchef
    I have a database - built in Access 2000. The security and permissions is broken into three types:

Admin - developer account
    metro_admin - full access to db forms, etc. - no access to design (back-end)
    supervisor - access to specific forms, reports, etc.

My question is this....When a supervisor is logged in and he/she clicks on a form or section of the db that he/she does not have access to, is there a way to control the access message..."You don't have permissions to 'x'. To run this object you must have open/run permission for it. For more information on permissions, and who can set them, press help" - I would rather my users not have access to the help in this case. Is there a way to customize the message? Also, a majority of the navigation within the database is done via links to forms...so after a user without permissions to a specific form/report, etc. another message pops up saying "....can't follow the hyperlink to 'x' (form/report name) - Please verify the destination" Is there a way to trap this message or to at least modify it to be a little less descriptive...basically its saying that the link is broken and well that's not acceptable.

Any ideas.

Thanks for the help in advanced!

BAF
    Just set it up to hide parts that authorized people are not allowed to use. So that way there is nothing to click and no problem.

-Dante