Unanswered: Formatting Report Page

I have the following code in a report to "hide" blank fields.

Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer)
    Dim Ctrl As Control
    For Each Ctrl In Me.Controls
    If Ctrl.ControlType = acTextBox Then
    If IsNull(Ctrl.Value) Then Ctrl.Visible = False Else Ctrl.Visible = True
    End If
    Next Ctrl

End Sub

It works wonderfully, what I am wondering is can the rest of the report move up to fill in the area left blank?

I think this will be awkward to code, but it is possible.

Declare a variable 'height'. Each time you make a control invisible that has an impact on the y-coordinate of the controls beneath make height=height-x (x being the size that is freed by 'removing' the control).

After the disabling of the controls, set the propertie 'top' of the controls to height + offset. The offset declares the space between the first control and the second, it should be increased for each following control.

Hope this gets you started.

Philip

Yikes

Awkward is true. It is kind of beyond me as I am a pretty basic user. The code I pasted was provided via a user on this forum.

Originally posted by ptrapp
    I think this will be awkward to code, but it is possible.

Declare a variable 'height'. Each time you make a control invisible that has an impact on the y-coordinate of the controls beneath make height=height-x (x being the size that is freed by 'removing' the control).

After the disabling of the controls, set the propertie 'top' of the controls to height + offset. The offset declares the space between the first control and the second, it should be increased for each following control.

Hope this gets you started.

Philip

One of the best ways (I think) to format a report is to place the format (record wise) into a Temporary table. Otherwise your in for a lot of conditional code.