Unanswered: .KDT files anyone

I am new to DB's in general and this is probably a dumb question.

I have a data file I need to access it has a .Kdt extension. Is there a way to find out what DB software this is or a program that will open generic databases?

I have never (in my 15+ years of database programming) heard of that extension.
    It is either some proprietary file, or someone for security reasons has renamed the extension from one of the 'standard' db extensions.
    All I can suggest is that you do a Google on that extension and see if you can find something to run it.
    Failing that, try renaming the extension to various standard names and see if you can get an app to recognize it.

Oh, and by the way, it isn't a dumb question to you if you don't know the answer. I've asked many a "dumb" question in my life.
    DSummZZZ

Even more Fox stuff at
    www.davesummers.net/foxprolinks.htm

Thanks a ton for your reply, I will be renaming and trying that immediatly! If by chance it is proprietary, is there a utility that will attempt access or try to make something of it? Just curious.

Well, you would first have to determine what it is before you could determine what tool to use. From there, you would have to hope the creator of the file didn't use some sort of encryption/encoding to store the data securely.
    Next in line would be low-level file operations. Determine the format or structure of the file, then how it's laid out, then try to parse it.
    It could range from simple to monumental.
    DSummZZZ

Even more Fox stuff at
    www.davesummers.net/foxprolinks.htm