Question Unanswered: "ACC2000: Slower Performance on Linked Tables"

Ref.

MicroSoft article on "Slower performance on linked tables"

I am not familiar with the concept of subtables, and notice that the default setting in my Acc2002 db has the Auto setting on all tables as default. I have not to my knowledge made use of subtables, but I use Lookup table links from within my tables. Do not know if that may be the same...

Anyone with experience that can tell me if this issue is relevant for my db? Should I set all tables' subdatasheet name to None to see if performance improves? What could be the implications?

Thanks for any advice/comments.

Daniel.

If you are not using the sub data sheets, then set the property to none if you are worried about speed. See if it speeds you up.

By the way, if you have one-to-many relationships setup, then you have sub tables.

Originally posted by jmrSudbury
    By the way, if you have one-to-many relationships setup, then you have sub tables.
    OK, thanks, will check out about the speed.

So, using relationships invariably result in sub table "situations"? New in Ac2002? If I turn off Auto, what implications can it have?

I associate this function with getting around situations where it would be practical to make datasheet listings of subrecords. If auto name is not turned on, what may not work? If this relationship is defined in the relationship window, can I then change auto to none with no implications? I think there are some features/effects of this function that I am missing, and which may be important to "see"/know about.

D.

I use a front end with linked tables. Linked tables do not use this subdatasheet feature. It is only good if you allow your users to see the datasheet view. I do not. I only allow my users to use forms that I create. I would be interested in knowing if your program speeds up noticably after setting them all to None.

Smile Re: "ACC2000: Slower Performance on Linked Tables"

Originally posted by kedaniel
    Ref.

MicroSoft article on "Slower performance on linked tables"

I am not familiar with the concept of subtables, and notice that the default setting in my Acc2002 db has the Auto setting on all tables as default. I have not to my knowledge made use of subtables, but I use Lookup table links from within my tables. Do not know if that may be the same...

Anyone with experience that can tell me if this issue is relevant for my db? Should I set all tables' subdatasheet name to None to see if performance improves? What could be the implications?

Thanks for any advice/comments.

Daniel.
    Check this out for Performance hints/tips -> http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/performancefaq.htm