Thumbs down Unanswered: Win XP start-up error...

Hi,

I have Windows XP and Corel Suite8, the problem is with WP8. When it starts up. It says that it made an error and the only thing I can do is send a message to Microsoft. And when I do, I don't even get the Web page. I had to put it in Compatibility mode with win98, coz at first it didn't even start-up. Now it does, the first time I get the error and the second time when I start it up it actually works. Very confusing.

What else troubles me is when I Right-click somewhere it doesn't matter where, it says it's missing a language dll (Unable to load language resource dll). I tried to solve it by searching on google and the first page that I got was talking about Shellwp.dll and Shlwp8en.dll. I did that trick and put them both where they belong. And I still have the same message, I then tried putting it everywhere where Corel WP would be searching including it's own directory, still the same.
    So far I reinstalled WP8 Twice and it still says the same thing, I'm running out of options here, might you know anything?

Talking Re: Win XP start-up error...

Originally posted by Rob Beentjes
    Hi,

I have Windows XP and Corel Suite8, the problem is with WP8. When it starts up. It says that it made an error and the only thing I can do is ..............................

Do you have to install V8? You are much better off going to V10. It has already had 2 SPs issued that deal with Windows specific problems. The more that Microsoft do to Windows, the more likely that old versions of Paradox will experience problems.
    Also, V8 doesn't have a free runtime version available whereas V10 does.

Cheers.
    YuriK