Thread: Help

Question Unanswered: Help

I HAVE A COLUMN NAME ESTIMATED TIME IN WHICH WE ENTER THE ESTIMATED TIME THAT WILL B SPENT IN THAT PROCESS IN MINUTES BUT DUE TO CHANGED REQUIREMENT WE WANT EXISTING DATA THAT IS STORED IN THE DATABASE IN VARCHAR2(10) TO BE DISPLAYED AS HH:MM AND NEW DATA TO BE ENTERED AS HH:MM AND TO BE STORED AS VARCHAR2

PLZ HELP.

Provided Answers: 1

Re: Help

What does the column hold now, e.g. if the estimated time is 11 hours and 40 minutes, what does the VARCHAR2 column show?

as this is a varchar field we now enter the things in terms of minutes as u asked we will now enter the value 700 while entring the duration 11 hrs and 40 mins. and when we retrieve back the data it will show u 700 min. but wat is the requirement now is we want it to be entered and displayed aas hh:mi format. regardless wat is stored in the database.

i also have found a solution for that i have taken another text item which is not a database item and retrieving the value from the database field and seprating the hrs and mins out of mins and displaying it in to new text item that is a date type having format mask hh24:mm and while storing the value to database wat i do is convert all the time in mins and put it into the database field . but it doesnt work fine problem is in which trigger i shud write code for this thing.
    Last edited by roma; 03-12-04 at 00:46.

THANX A LOT BY THE WAY I HAVE RESOLVED THE PROBLEM!!!